LIMIT® offers Interfaces to all major commercial Finite Element Analysis (FEA) codes and some integrated FEA Solutions. The interfaces support solid models, shell models as well as the corresponding multipoint constraints (MPC, DCOUP, RBE2, RBE3,…). Please refer to the respective pages of the interface and the associated documentations, to see which element types are supported for specific FEA codes. The following figure depicts the available interfaces.
The standard license for our fatigue analysis software always includes the preprocessing (LIMIT-CAE), one solver interface (LIMIT-Solver) and the postprocessing (LIMIT-Viewer). Additional interfaces are licensed separately.
The available interfaces (in alphabetical order) are:
- ABAQUS (.inp and .odb)
- ALTAIR OPTISTRUCT (.fem and .op2)
- ANSYS (.inp or .dat and .rst)
- CATIA (.dat and .bat)
- MARC (.t16-Interface) (.bdf and .t16)
- MSC NASTRAN, OPTISTRUCT (.bdf or .dat and .op2)
- NX NASTRAN (.bdf or .dat and .op2)
- SOLIDWORKS (.lswx and .job)
- UNIVERSAL INTERFACE for currently unsupported codes (.linp and .lui)