The strength assessment performed by the software LIMIT incorporates a static and fatigue module to evaluate your structure. Base material as well as weld analysis can be accomplished using the commercial finite element code Marc (MSC.Software GmbH).
Required import files for LIMIT
To allow a fatigue assessment of your structure using Marc, you have to have the .bdf to access the finite element model and the .t16 with all relevant result data.
Import into LIMIT-CAE via Nastran-BDF
- In the current release the Marc-dat format can‘t be imported directly! The Finite Element model must be imported into the LIMIT-GUI using the standard Nastran Bulk Data format (.bdf).
- Exporting the BDF from Mentat is shown on right side. Export is performed directly in the first Mentat menue „File“.
- Only the element topology and the nodes are needed from the Finite Element model. Thus no essential information is lost converting to the BDF-format.
- Nodes must be defined in the global coordinate system
- Result data must exist in the global system solids) respectively in the default element system (shells, membranes).
Supported Marc Versions in Release Package
- 2018.1 (has been successfully tested, but users have to change the style of the t16-file to revision 12! This is done in Mentat, while defining the results)
If you need a different version please contact our LIMIT support.
Following elements can be analyzed
- Element 7, 84, 117, 120 (lin. Hex-elements)
- Element 134, 157 (lin. Tet-elements)
- Element 136 (lin. Wedge-element)
- Element 21, 35, 57, 61 (quadr. Hex-elements)
- Element 127, 130 (quadr. Tet-elements)
- Element 202 (quadr. Wedge-element)
- Element 138 (3 nodes)
- Element 75, 139, 140 (4 nodes)
- Element 49 (6 nodes)
- Element 22, 72 (8 nodes)
- Element 158 (3 nodes)
- Element 18 (4 nodes)
- Element 200 (6 nodes)
- Element 30 (8 nodes)
2D Solids, Axial Symmetry:
- Element 10, 82 (lin. Quad 4)
- Element 28, 33 (quadr. Quad 8)
- Element 2, 156 (lin. Tria 3)