Update on 12.05.2021 to version LIMIT2020R008 with the following new features:
- New code TB/T 3506 was added. This code is a Chinese standard for railway wheel design and very similar to EN 13979-1. It includes two criteria:
1. Fatigue stress amplitude based principal stresses
2. Modified Crossland criteria involving the amplitude of the second invariant of the stress deviator and the hydrostatic stress
- Results from Nastran SOL108 (direct frequency) can be used. Phase shift is removed from all FEM data at import. Currently only one frequency per subcase can be imported.
- Weld templates for EN13001 were updated. The strength parameters for the filler were increased in order to be consistent with the default material S355.
This update is available now on our ftp-server.
We have added the interface for ANSYS 2021R1 to the package LIMIT2020R007, which is available now on our ftp-server. (6.4.2021)
The current release of LIMIT2020R007 includes interfaces for the newest SOLIDWORKS versions SWX2020 and SWX2021. These interfaces support strength assessments based on Finite Element results of the SOLIDWORKS simulation module. Currently our team works on the interface update for Ansys2021v1, which is scheduled for March 2021.
Update on 25.08.2020 to version LIMIT2020r6 with following new features:
- Included interface for Abaqus2020
- Included interface for Ansys 2020R2
- Improved Sensor management in the GUI
- Improved checks prior to launching solver jobs
- Improved generation of h5 result files
Update on 18.06.2020 to version LIMIT2020r5 with following new features:
- Interface to Ansys version 2020r1 was added
- Blanks and special characters possible in path names of projects
Update on 14.05.2020 to version LIMIT2020r4 with following new features:
- Improved method of calculating the principal stress ranges in BS7608, GB50017 and IIW
- New option in the JobManager for suppressing the constant amplitude fatigue limit (CAFL) line in the S-N diagram for Eurocode 3 and Eurocode 9 (14.5.2020)
Update on 16.04.2020 to version LIMIT2020r2 with following new features:
- Improved Sensor file management
- Improved cleanup of incomplete setups in the solver, if thickness checks are deactivated
New Release LIMIT2020r1:
- New way of licensing LIMIT-CAE
- New LIMIT license server including new way of licensing LIMIT-CAE
- Updated LoadManager
- New fatigue coded added: IIW Recommendations
- Different sheet thickness within a weld set supported
- Using Ansys 2020r1Further improvements
- Compatibility with LIMIT2019
Get more information here! (12.3.2020)
New Features LIMIT2019R011:
- Improved installer
- Automatic adaption of the font size to 4K monitors (10.1.2020)
The new subrelease LIMIT2019R009 includes the Chinese standard for design of steel structures GB 50017. The typical applications for this code in combination with GB 8408 are the assessments large scale amusement devices. (26.9.2019)
The new subrelease LIMIT2019R008 includes the British Standard BS 7608 for welded steel structures. This implementation supports the modification of the SN-curves and allows specific settings concerning the calculation of assessment stresses. Details can be found in the help library of LIMIT2019. (16.9.2019)
LIMIT2019. The novelties and improvements had been:
- New Default Setup Library and Easier Access
- Static Assessment Supported for All Active Codes
- New SensorManager
- New Method of Autocreating Setups Based on Topology Information
- Simplified JobManager with Global Settings for the Assessment Type
- Interface Updates
- New Weld Regeneration Algorithm after Reimporting a Model
- Improved Stability for Report Generator
- Training Videos as Part of Installation
Get more information here!
The major changes from version 2017r28 were:
- New result file format HDF5:
The HDF5 format increases the performance in postprocessing and enables future enhancements generating more information for postprocessing.
- One Setup for all Assessment Types:
In version LIMIT2018r1 the setups are defined for all type of assessments. The final selection which assessment type, i.e. static, infinite life or finite life strength assessment, is set in the JobManager. This enhancement allows a quick change of assessment types even for the FKM guideline.
- Improved automatic predefinition of welds:
Based on the results of topology filtering in combination with user defined templates, the automated setup definition in the SetupManager will lead to much better setups, that can directly be used for the assessments
- New SensorManager:
The SensorManager has been modified and supports also functions to multiply sensors using rotations or translations. Furthermore, the setup definition can be made directly in the SensorManager after the generation of Sensors. This new feature will again save time.
Versions with new features are also released during the year. A detailed list of modifications and enhancements is available for LIMIT customers on request.