The strength assessment performed by the software LIMIT® incorporates a static and fatigue module to evaluate your structure. Base material as well as weld analysis can be accomplished using the commercial finite element code SolidWorks (Dassault Systèmes®).
Required import files for Limit
To allow a fatigue assessment of your structure using SolidWorks, you have to have the .lswx to access the finite element model and the .job with all relevant result data.
Workflow using SWX Simulation results with LIMIT
- Setup and run SWX-Simulation
- Run the SWX4LIMIT-Interface
- Export Finite Element result data for selected studies
- Start LIMIT-CAE
- Import the model and define assessment
- Run the assessment job
- Visualize the results in LIMIT-Viewer
Default settings in SolidWorks
- Click Simulation/Options in the simulation module
- Click Standard options/results and choose ‘keep temporary data base files‘
- To run a LIMIT-Job with SWX-Results, these settings are necessary and all the files generated by SolidWorks after the SWX-FEM-run have to be placed in the LIMIT® work directory. It is recommended to use the SWX work directory also as LIMIT® work directory.
For a complete description of the workflow please download the SolidWorks interface document.
Supported SolidWorks Versions in Release Package
- SWX 2021
- SWX 2020
- SWX 2019
- SWX 2018
- SWX 2017
- SWX 2016 + Service Pack 05 or later!
- SWX 2015
- SWX 2014
If you need a different version please contact our LIMIT® support.
Following elements can be analyzed
- Higher order 3D-Solids (10 nodes tetrahedrons)
- Higher order shells (6 nodes triangles)